Thread: 307 swap out
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
Welcome to the site....

It will be tough to get any significant amount of $ for the 307. Maybe a corner of the garage is a good place for it, to keep as a spare. Does the VIN stamp on the top front pass side of the block match the VIN of your '72? Right in front of where the head mates to the block deck there is a pad on the deck. It has some numbers stamped in it, and they match the vehicle the engine was originally bolted to.

You either have an impoSSter, or an engine swap from something bigger to the 307.

There is really no way of verifying if a '72 is an SS without original dealer/manufacturer documentation...unless the car was a W code (VIN engine designation) 454.

Do you have:
boxed lower control arms
rear sway bar
SS dash
SS steering wheel
it was an engine swap i broke down the vin, was supposed to have a 350. im going to check for the rest of the stuff. yes on the steering wheel for sure. the dude i got it from just threw the dash in. didnt even bolt it down, it isnt the ss dash, oh and when he replaced the floor he covered up the hole for the shifter. Thats OK. i just got my hands on a 350 for her