ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
The original fuel line can only be replaced with the body raised up or off the frame. So most likely will need to reroute it some in the back area. Since it's been sitting for so long your brake lines most likely will need tp be changed out along with all the rubber hoses before you every drive it. Basically it will need a complete brake job. Body wise it looks like may need some rear quarters or at least patch panels. Most damage comes from around the rear window. Are going to try to do a frame off or on or just get it running again for now?
Step#1 - Get it running, moving under own power.

Step#2 - Address safety concerns such as brakes, etc.

Step#3 - Address the surface rust and rot, just a good coat of prep and paint to prevent any further issues.

Step#4 - One piece at a time, budget resto. Patches and such as time and money permit.

Maybe someday I will get a house with a garage and I can strip her down for a frame off, but until that day I just plan to enjoy her and preserve her the best I can.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:26 PM

I've been picking at mine one piece at a time for 10 years, it'll probably never be done the way I want. In the mean time I try to enjoy it when I can.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 04-26-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I've been picking at mine one piece at a time for 10 years, it'll probably never be done the way I want. In the mean time I try to enjoy it when I can.
Well your hard work has paid off. That is one gorgeous Chevelle!