ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Bowtie Member

By the way Joe, my name is Nancy. I don't know if you read any of the introduction threads but my husband David (grumpy) and I started this forum a few years ago for people just like you. People looking for help and honest answers. Now some of the answers that you get you may not like, but remember we have all been there and know your frustration. No matter what the response, there is an amazing group of people here who want to hear about your excitement over everything with your car.

If you need help with posting pics, just send me a message and I will help. Again, it is great to have you here.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Thank you Rich. I'm sure he's proud as well. So by the link Ms. Grumpy Supplied me with to decode,I haven't been able to determine what the the original power train my car had but learned a few interesting facts about the car. It was born in Kansas City, Mo ( which makes a lot of sense seeing my dad was from KC). It was originally a red sports coupe with black interior & a V8. Is there any other way to figure out what engine package it had w/o build sheet?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM

Thanks Rich. It kinda get emotional about it because what's the chances of dreams like this becoming reality. With Nancy's helpful link to decoding I was able to find out that the car was born in Kansas City, Mo.( which makes sense because my dad was born & raised there). I was originally a red car with black interior which is my favorite Chevelle combo & I may resort back to it once every things lined out. It was a sports coupe that came with a stock v8. That's pretty much where the trail ends. There's no door plate nor a build sheet under rear seat. Looks like the mice beat me to it. Is there another way to find out what the stock power plant was for my car? Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Bowtie Member

I don't know if there is an actual way with out the build sheet. But I am sure if there is, someone here will help you figure it out.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 PM

It's really not a big deal, I wasn't going completely original anyway. I was just curious to know for my own references. I'm gonna keep the good old fashion concept of the car & not mod it out to bad but make it comfortable & better handling. I Just want a strong,nice weekend cruiser to pull up on side of the little foreign cars that think they are muscle & put the Romp to them lol. Although knowing it was originally a red with black interior(being my favorite combo) may give me ideas when it's time for paint. Also if any one has suggestions or opinions on parts vendors that'll be a great deal of help. So far I've been shopping OPGI.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 PM

The vin and the trim tag will not tell you the drive train it came with. Just build it the way you want and enjoy it. Red with black interior is a good combo. I have always like the blue 67 with the black interior too.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM

Welcome and cool story about your car ,post up some pics when you can.

John
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Bowtie Member

Just out of curiosity, what did your dad want to do ? Color...motor...tires/rims...just thought maybe he talked to you about it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 AM

"The car originally had a 396", So does the Vin start with 138?, I was thinking a 396 was only available in an SS model. Not sure on that for 67
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 PM

@ ray I'm not sure if was the original 396 car because my numbers begin "136" implying it was a sports coupe & was a V8 car. & @ nancy my dad really just talked about having a nice, clean lined car with some power. He use to take me to car shows ALL THE TIME & he'd drewl over all the Chevelle's. I do know he wanted a show car & was against tricking cars out & I'm some what similar in that aspect. Although some look neat, we just loved them as they were. To each his own. I just want mine to be nice enough to cruise & possiblly enter & win a show or 2.